Due to the recent novel coronavirus outbreak, events in the community calendar are subject to change. Please contact the event organizers to confirm event details.
- This event has passed.
Jewish Genealogical and Archival Society of Greater Philadelphia with Phil Goldfarb
June 13 @ 1:00 pm - 3:00 pmmembership
1 p.m. check in, chat and schmooze.
Official program starts promptly at 1:30 p.m.
Guest Speaker: Phil Goldfarb, founder and president, Jewish Genealogical Society of Tulsa
Researching genealogy for 35 years, Goldfarb is the founding and current president of the JGS of Tulsa, which started in 2005. He has lectured extensively on various topics in genealogy, published articles on genealogy in numerous periodicals and authors a monthly column in the Tulsa Jewish Review. He has written two books titled “A Page of History: Passport Applications 1851-1914” and “A Page of History: Passport Applications Volume II 1915-1925.” Goldfarb is a member of the leadership team for JewishGen as well as being the lead moderator for the JewishGen Discussion Group.
Topic: How to Utilize The JewishGen Discussion Group Effectively
• What the JGDG is all about.
• Ways the JGDG can help you.
• Advantages of the new JGDG platform.
• Discussion group rules and guidelines.
• How to join the JGDG.
• Group settings.
• Options for group message delivery.
• How to change an e-mail address or message delivery.
• Two ways to post a message.
• How to find archival messages (back to 1998!)
• Hashtags: how/why important to use them.
• How to “mute” hashtags to only get certain messages.
• How to create an automatic signature.
• How to reply to a message individually or to the group.
• Why messages are rejected or deleted.
• Success stories from the JGDG.
Our meetings are for members only. See our website for information. Please contact me if you are interested in joining us prior to Sunday’s meeting.
To make a change to your event, or for other questions related to the community calendar, please contact Sophie Panzer at [email protected].