Netanyahu ‘rejects’ Trump’s Muslim remarks, will meet with him anyway

0

Netanyahu said he “rejects Donald Trump’s recent remarks about Muslims,” but will not cancel his already scheduled meeting.

Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu said he “rejects Donald Trump’s recent remarks about Muslims,” but will not cancel his already scheduled meeting with the Republican presidential hopeful.

Netanyahu’s remarks were made in a news release his office issued Wednesday evening. The news release did not detail Netanyahu’s reasons for rejecting Trump’s remarks. Trump this week called for a “total and complete shutdown of Muslims entering the United States.” Republican and Democratic politicians have condemned his remarks, as have numerous Jewish leaders.


“The State of Israel respects all religions and strictly guarantees the rights of all its citizens. At the same time, Israel is fighting against militant Islam that targets Muslims, Christians and Jews alike and threatens the entire world,” Netanyahu said in the news release.

Netanyahu and Trump are scheduled to meet on Dec. 28, a meeting arranged two weeks ago, according to the release. Trump’s remarks this week about barring entry to Muslims have not been his only controversial comments on Muslims.In November the candidate said that if president he would create a database to track all American Muslims.

Netanyahu “decided earlier this year on a uniform policy to agree to meet with all presidential candidates from either party who visit Israel and ask for a meeting,” the release said, adding that the policy “does not represent an endorsement of any candidate or his or her views.”

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here