Subscribe To our E-Newsletter
Stress Less, Smile More,: A Practical Course for Parents
In a supportive, easy-going setting, come fill your parenting gas tank and come away with new skills to un-stress yourself and your family. Topics include:
• Un-Stressing • Un-Worrying • Inner and Outer Smiling • Limit Setting and Boundary Making • Mindful Listening • Creative Problem Solving • Couples Rebooting Together we will learn:
• New ways to handle the hectic and unpredictable days of family life.
• Mindfulness skills that lead to more positive interactions with your children.
• How to respond calmly and without reactivity.
• Self-awareness skills that remind you to slow down, think, and decide the course of action that will keep you and your child in positive connection and still teach
• To use Jewish rituals such as candle lighting and blessings and gratitude to create a sense of calm, peace, respect, acceptance and compassion for each member of
This is an interactive class with relaxation techniques, lively role-play options and self-awareness exercises.
Part of Lincow Institute for Adult Jewish Study
Doris Ferleger, M.A., MFA, Ph.D., is a licensed clinical psychologist, a certified Non-dualistic Integrative Kabbalistic Healer, an award-winning poet and memoir essayist. The daughter of Holocaust survivors, Doris learned from a young age the value of healing through compassion, a sense of humor, creative writing, and other resilience skills. The 2009 poet laureate of Montgomery County, she is the author of “Big Silences in a Year of Rain” (Main Street Rag 2010), “When You Become Snow” (Finishing Line 2010), and “As the Moon Has Breath” (Main Street Rag 2013). Doris, a member of Beth Am, maintains a mindfulness-based psychotherapy practice in Wyncote.
For more information call 215-886-8000