Want to experience the true heart of Israel while strengthening your Jewish community back at home?
This is your opportunity to experience Israel through its history, culture, politics, food and much, much more. This year’s Israel360 VIP program will take place from July 1 to July 9, 2018. The nine-day mission will engage 27-to 40-year-olds from the Greater Philadelphia area more deeply with Israel, the Jewish Federation of Greater Philadelphia and our local Jewish communities.
Gather as a group to prepare for this unique travel experience. Then take off with your fellow Philadelphians and experience an Israel not available to the average visitor. Feel the spirit of tikkun olam at work as you connect with Israelis from all walks of life, who are making an impact in the present and on the future. Experience everything from taking a jeep ride through the Golan Heights to discovering the nightlife of Tel Aviv.
Israel360 exposes you to multiple perspectives on Israeli current events, trains you to advocate for Israel and prepares you to use your learning experiences to speak up on Israel’s behalf when you return. You’ll emerge from the yearlong process with a network of new friends, a deeper understanding of the Jewish Federation’s role in Philadelphia, Israel and overseas, and an even stronger Jewish identity.
If you are a young professional from Greater Philadelphia who wants to become more involved in our Jewish community, you may qualify for this unique opportunity.
You are eligible if:
- You’re between the ages of 27 and 40 years old at the time you complete the application.
- You live in the five-county area served by the Jewish Federation of Greater Philadelphia, and plan to reside in the county for at least two years following the trip.
- You are or have been actively involved with a nonprofit organization (Jewish or not) while in college or after.
- You want to become involved in the Philadelphia Jewish community.
- You will make a commitment to actively participate on the trip.
- You are prepared to participate in pre- and post-Israel360 workshops, NextGen activities and other Jewish Federation-sponsored programming.
Preference will be given to applicants who have not been to Israel before or have not been on an organized trip to Israel within the last five years.
All accepted participants will be expected to meet with a professional from the Jewish Federation regarding making a meaningful contribution to the 2018 Jewish Federation annual campaign.
Apply now by visiting jewishphilly.org/israel360 or contact Melanie Gerchberg for more information at [email protected].
Want an insider’s scoop on U.S.-Israel relations during the Obama and Trump administrations? Join us for a lecture by and discussion with the Honorable Daniel Shapiro, former United States ambassador to Israel under President Obama followed by a dessert reception.
8:00 p.m. – 9:30 p.m.
Temple Beth Hillel-Beth El
1001 Remington Road
Wynnewood, PA 19096
Contact [email protected] for more information.