Subscribe To our E-Newsletter
Sholom Aleichem Club of Philadelphia
The Sholom Aleichem Club:
• Was founded in 1954.
• Presents monthly programs of Jewish cultural, literary, and musical import. Along with the Kehilla of Secular Jews of Greater Philadelphia --The Jewish Childrens’ Folkshul, The Jewish Childrens’ Folkshul Adult Community, Philadelphia Secular Jewish Organization, Shir Shalom, Workmen’s Circle and Secular Jews of South Jersey -- they plan special programs for Passover, Rosh Hashonah and Yom Kippur.
• Supports Jewish community activities and works with such groups as the interfaith Martin Luther King Birthday Celebration organizing committee, and Action Alliance of Senior Citizens on issues such as human rights and social justice.
• Is active in support of peace in the Middle East.
• First published its award-winning Haggadah for a Secular Celebration of Pesach in 1975. Now in its fifth printing, the Haggadah has been distributed worldwide.
• Has also published several books of Yiddish stories in English translation. More information is available on thePublication/Recordings page of this web site.
• Offers committees such as Peace and Social Action, Yiddish Reading and News & Comment monthly newsletrer which to get involved.
• Is an affiliate of the Congress of Secular Jewish Organizations, and International Federation of Secular Humanistic Jews.
We welcome your attendance at our meetings and participation in the Sholom Aleichem Club. Our members come from throughout the Greater Philadelphia area.