The Task Force on Israel Engagement of the Jewish Federation of Greater Philadelphia's Center for Israel and Overseas is offering a total of $75,000 in grants to agencies, youth groups, synagogues and community organizations in the Philadelphia area to support educational and cultural programs.
The programs need to: enhance understanding of Israel's society, culture and people; engage and educate our community about Israel; build a stronger connection between our community and Israel; and emphasize the role of Israel in Jewish life.
There is no deadline to submit a grant application. Grants will be awarded on a rolling basis, starting this month.
Applications will be reviewed by volunteer members of the Task Force according to these criteria:
• All of the information requested on the application must be provided.
• Programs must take place before Aug. 31, 2006.
• Collaboration with other organizations in the community will be viewed favorably.
• Most of the grant awards will not exceed $3,000 or 50 percent of the total budget of the program, whichever is greater. Additional funding may be available for creative and innovative programming and programming that has a high community impact.
• The Task Force will not award grants to support fundraising activities of the applicant organization. u
For more information about the grant process, call Tali Lidar at 215-832-0862. For applications, call Donna Levinson at 215-832-0550.