Parents, don’t miss a free morning talk with Dr. Ron Taffel, one of the country’s most sought-after child rearing experts who knows what matters to you most about raising 21st century kids. Dr. Taffel will describe what children of all ages need to feel happy, strong, compassionate and self-respectful in these tough times. Co-sponsored by The Jewish Center.
Learn the latest, realistic methods to:
- Lessen endless negotiating - balance a healthy 'voice' and hurtful entitlement
- Set limits that are enforceable - and create strength in children at the same time
- Help kids open up about what matters - so you can know them even better
- Give advice to 'sophisticated' kids and teens - that can lessen social cruelty
- Increase children's resilience - in an academically and socially challenging world
- Lower child and family stress - when you're all running on empty
- Create a community that nurtures - both kids and parents
Dr. Ron Taffel is the author of eight books and over a hundred articles on parenting and child rearing. He consults to countless schools and community organizations nationwide, serves as Chair of the Institute for Contemporary Psychotherapy, has a private practice in New York and is the parent of two children. Dr. Taffel has been featured in The New York Times, as well as on 20/20, Dateline, The Today Show, Good Morning America, Primetime Live, and Larry King.
Time: 10:00am - 11:30am
Fee: Free and open to the community.
Location: The Jewish Center, Princeton
Pre-Registration requested to Lara Wellerstein at 609-987-8100 or [email protected]