Volunteer on Sunday, Nov. 2, 9 a.m. to 3 p.m., for the following social action projects:
· Spruce up a section of Fairmount Park.
· Repair and winterize homes for at-risk seniors. Seal drafty windows and doors, replace light bulbs and assist with other household tasks.
· Help prepare blizzard bags and breakfast bags for seniors; make and share an intergenerational lunch to be enjoyed by teens and seniors; assemble Thanksgiving food baskets with personalized cards for families in need; deliver a hearty meal and share special time with a homebound senior in Northeast Philadelphia.
· Paint the first mural on a Philadelphia Jewish Community building! Beautify the JCCs Klein Branch with a mural designed by Shira Walinsky.
· Visit with residents of Federation Housing.
· Donate gently used winter clothing for Jewish Relief Agency.
· "Adopt" a Jewish family and help them enjoy a happy Chanukah.
· Shoot hoops with other teens to raise funds for the Heart to Heart program.
· Make warm, soft blankets for seniors.
· Drive a senior to a neighborhood store and assist with grocery shopping.
· Join in playground beautification, outdoor clean-up and planting.
On Mitzvah Mania Day, volunteers will sign in and pick up their 2008 Mitzvah Mania T-shirts at the Klein JCC, Red Lion Rd. and Jamison Ave., Northeast Philadelphia.
Register online at: www.jewishphilly.org  /mitzvahmania or call 215-832-0564.