A native of Newark, N.J., Panzer established a practice in 1946 in West Oak Lane. He later moved his office to Cedarbrook, and was practicing in Chestnut Hill when he retired at 83.
From 1959 to 1974, he worked as chief of dermatology at Germantown Hospital.
He also studied and applied alternative medical therapies, including hypnosis, biofeedback and acupuncture.
Panzer earned a bachelor's degree from Pennsylvania State University. He completed his medical training, including a fellowship in dermatology, at the University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine.
He had a lifelong passion for collecting Yiddish literature and music.
Recently, he donated his collection to the Yiddish Studies Program at Penn State in memory of his parents, Bella and Benjamin Panzer.
Since moving to the Hill at Whitemarsh in 2007, he and his wife participated in social activities there; he even organized the Chanukah festivities.
Panzer is survived by his wife, the former Elinor Silvert; daughters Wendy Stephenson and Patt Panzer; sons Pete Panzer, Glenn Panzer and Scott Panzer; sisters Lillian Sylvan and Dorothy Kurzweil; brother Irving Magenheim; and 12 grandchildren.