Beth David Reform Congregation was formed in 1943 though the dedication and tireless efforts of Rabbi Samuel Glasner (z'l) and was the fourth Reform temple in the Philadelphia area. Rabbi Glasner used his personal funds to launch the Wynnefield congregation, and with $500 purchased the necessary advertising, music, and prayer books.
For thirty-seven years Beth David remained in Wynnfield. In 1985, Beth David acquired a school and land in Gladwyne from the Archdiocese of Philadelphia. The school was originally used by St. John Vianney, whose rectory still stands in front of the synagogue. On May 2, 1986, the congregation dedicated its present sanctuary.
The congregation has since grown to include almost 450 households and is currently in the process of designing and enlarging its building to properly accommodate its current membership. Ground breaking for this endeavor was in the spring of 2010.
Today, Beth David's spiritual and liturgical leaders are Rabbi Jim Egolf, D. Min. and Cantor Lilia Kazansky.