Subscribe To our E-Newsletter
'Scene' Contest: Saved by the Bell!
Relax, everyone - with a DVD.
This latest "On the Scene" contest offers a "Top 10" DVDs of entertainment (and maybe some insight, too) that'll keep their minds humming until the school bell rings the next morning.
Here's what one very lucky "Scener" will win:
• "Life as We Know It," the complete acclaimed TV series -including two unaired episodes - about teens growing up, from the team that produced "Freaks and Geeks";
• "Boy Meets World," the entire third season on three discs, starring Ben Savage as Cory, just a kid trying to cope with his high school relationships;
• "Once and Again," the complete second season on five discs about Rick (Billy Campbell) and Lily (Sela Ward), and their blended interfaith family;
• "That's So Raven," about the so-called "hip teen with a sassy sense of style and a psychic sense of the future";
• "Sweet Valley High," the first season on three discs, following the life and lifestyles of Southern California twins Elizabeth and Jessica Wakefield;
• "Ice Princess," the film starring Michelle ("Buffy the Vampire Slayer") Trachtenberg as a high school nerd longing to be a figure skater;
• "Tarzan II," an animated Disney flick, with songs by Phil Collins, about the early days of the tree-swinger;
• "Toy Story," a two-disc, 10th-anniversary (!) edition, all the Buzz in the Andy household;
• "Power Rangers: Dino Thunder," the film that asks: "Can the wonder of thunder save the world?"; and
• "Dear Frankie," the movie about a mom whose near letter-perfect scheme of having her child receive forged missives from the father he never knew goes awry until the "father" shows up in the guise of Gerard Butler, best known these days for his other masked man - the title role in "The Phantom of the Opera."
Wow! Ten DVDs - one winner.
And, for the parents … a dining certificate to celebrate the end of summer (and such constant questions, as "Why is the sky blue?" "Why is water wet?" and "Why is Dad yelling at the TV when the news is on?")
To enter, send your name, address and daytime phone number (postcards only) to "Scene-School Daze," c/o the Jewish Exponent, 2100 Arch St., Philadelphia, PA 19103.
Entries must be received by noon on Thursday, Sept. 15.